We collect personal information in several contexts as described below. However, this policy does not apply to the following information:
- Information about our employees, contractors, agents, and job applicants.
- Information we collect from individuals with whom we engage in solely business-to-business communications and transactions, such as information about the employees of our business partners and customers.
We want you to know that:
- We do not sell or rent the information we have about you to anyone.
- We do not share your information with outside companies for the purpose of selling their products or services to you; and
- We do not offer a right to opt out since we only share information about you with others as permitted or required by law.
- An insurance agent will contact you when contact information is given; and
- A specimen individual policy for each policy form offered in the state of CA is available to a prospective applicant upon request.
Whom We Collect Information From
We collect your personal information to offer you insurance services from the following sources:
- Information you provide us directly. We collect information that you provide to us directly, such as when you request a quote, request information on a product or service through our Services, request to speak with someone, and/or book an appointment.
- Information provided from third parties. We receive information about you and your interactions with us from third parties, such as your employer, Insurance companies, healthcare providers or facilities, credit reporting agencies, online information collective devices.
Information We May Collect
The types of information we may collect about you include the following:
- Identifiers: Your name, email address, address, telephone number, Social Security number.
- Application & Eligibility Information: Date of birth, assets, income, financial and medical history, current and past health condition (with your authorization).
- Professional or Employment Information: Employment, occupation
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: Your use of the services offered on our Websites.
How We Use Your Information
The extent to which we use your personal information depends on the products we provide to you. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To enable interactions between you and us, such as to facilitate online quoting, applications for, and purchases of our products, to support your interactions with us; to provide information about insurance plans; to communicate with you about your policy or our data practices; to install and configure changes and updates to programs and technologies related to interactions with us; to authenticate those who interact with us; and to respond to your requests, complaints, and inquiries.
- For our own internal business purposes, such as to evaluate or audit the usage and performance of programs and technologies related to interactions with us; to evaluate and improve the quality of your interactions with us and the quality of programs and technologies related to interactions with us; to design new services and products; to process and catalog your responses to surveys or questionnaires (e.g., customer satisfaction reviews); to perform internal research for technological development and demonstration; to conduct data analysis and testing; and to maintain proper business records.
- For legal, safety, or security reasons, such as to comply with laws and other legal requirements; to protect our safety, our property, or the rights of those who interact with us, or others; and to detect, prevent, and respond to security incidents or other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- In a de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated format. We may convert personal information into a de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated format, and use such information for any legal purpose.
- For marketing. We may use your personal information to market our products or services. We may use your personal information for short-term transient use, including for contextual ad customization. We may use your personal information to enhance our content and to deliver advertisements to you, including in commercial emails.
- To fulfill other purposes disclosed at the time you provide personal information or otherwise where we are legally permitted or are required to do so.
- For any other purposes for which you provide consent.
Information We May Disclose
We may share the types of information described above with others. These disclosures are only made as authorized by you or as permitted or required by law. These may include disclosures:
- To others that perform business services or functions on our behalf or to serve you;
- To employers, to reinsurers, to other insurance companies, and to the MIB and CMS (Center for Medicare Services) for purposes related to insurance you may have or apply for;
- To others that may have a joint marketing agreement with us, unless state law restricts such use;
- To insurance departments in connection with the regulation of our business;
- To law enforcement agencies to help prevent fraud or illegal activities;
- To government agencies to comply with the law;
- To authorized persons to respond to a subpoena, warrant or other court order;
- To others for purposes of complying with auditing and reporting requirements; and
- To our affiliates who may provide insurance or financial products and services to you.
- To others with your consent.
When information about you is disclosed to others, we expect them to protect your information. We expect them to use the information only for the limited purpose for which it was shared. We do not share medical information except with your authorization or as permitted or required by law.
Interactions with us are intended for individuals 16 years of age and older. Our interactions are not directed at, marketed to, nor intended for, children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect any information, including Personal Information, from children under 16 years of age. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, please contact us at the address below and we will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
We want to make sure that we have accurate information about you. In general, you have the right to review your personal information that we have. If you believe that any of the information about you is not accurate, you may inform us in writing of any changes you believe should be made. We will review your request and respond to it accordingly.
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain written privacy policies, as well as physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information.
We will continue to post our privacy statement. We may change our privacy statement at any time. The current Statement will be effective as long as you remain a customer, we will inform you of any changes. If your relationship with us ends, we will continue to limit disclosures of your information in accordance with our stated privacy statement.
For compliance information, contact the Compliance Officer, Erica Farrell at Compliance@LTCexperts.com.
10260SW Greenburg Road
Portland, OR 97223